FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the price of registration?
- Prior To March 9, 2022 (most discounted rate)
- Adults: $25
- Children (12 & under): $20
- Virtual Participant (With Shirt): $25
- Virtual Participant (No Shirt): $20
- Beginning On March 9, 2022 (discounted rate)
- Adults: $30
- Children (12 & under): $25
- Virtual Participant (With Shirt): $30
- Virtual Participant (No Shirt): $25
- Beginning On April 5, 2022 (after online registration closes) Including Race Day
- Adults: $35
- Children (12 & under): $30
PLEASE NOTEFor online registrants -- Eventbrite charges an additional fee of 5% + $0.99 per online registration transaction This fee does not benefit Reflections Of Grace, but rather covers the cost of Eventbrite’s administrative services
What is included in the registration fee?
- Runners will be timed using state of the art, disposable B-tag technology (Virtual participants will not be timed)
- Official race t-shirt, size of your choice
- Race bag with various complimentary items from our sponsors
- Complimentary snacks at the finish line
- Chance to win various door prizes
- Access to great entertainment, Foundation merchandise, basket raffle and silent auction, and full concession stand
- Children receive wristband for unlimited participation in all activities
- Winners receive medals and prizes
How can individuals register for the event?
- Be sure to select the correct t-shirt size, as there are ADULT and YOUTH options.
- At the end of the registration process, only click "complete registration" once or you may be charged multiple times.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of completing your registration, check your credit card. If no fees were charged, your registration did not process correctly. Please try again.
- Remember, registration can be completed using a Smartphone!
Forming A Team Online:
- Click on the “As an individual” button to register and pay.
- Team Captains:
- Click on the “As a team member” button first. Next click “Create your team”. Enter your team name and click “Create a team”. Once created, click on “Register” and register yourself and pay. As the team captain, you may also access the “Manage your team” button.
- Team Members:
- Click on the “As a team member” button to register. Type in your team name and click “Continue”. If you are unable to join your team or do not see your team’s name, contact your team captain to make sure the team has already been created and that you are spelling the name correctly. Once you have successfully joined your team, click “Register”, follow the instructions, and pay.
Should children register, even if they are not running or walking the race?
Yes, for liability purposes, all children must register. A waiver must be signed for each participant, regardless of age. With the registration fee, children receive a t-shirt and a wristband for unlimited participation in all of the children’s activities throughout the day.
When are the registration deadlines?
Registration fees, for both adults and children, increase on March 9, 2022. Online registration via Eventbrite will be accepted until April 4, 2022. Race day registrants will be accepted from 7:00-8:00AM on April 9, 2022 at an increased fee.
Please note: In order to guarantee a complimentary t-shirt, individuals must register by April 4, 2022. No exceptions will be made. A limited supply of extra t-shirts will be available after April 4, 2022, including on race day. However, the limited supply will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
Also, in order to pick up race bags at a scheduled pre-race session, registrations must be received by April 4, 2022. If registrations are received after April 4, 2022, please plan to pick up race bags on race day between 7:00-8:00AM.
Will registrations be accepted on race day?
For planning purposes and to avoid long waiting lines, it is strongly recommended that all participants register prior to race day. T-shirts will not be guaranteed for anyone who registers after April 4, 2022. However, walk-up registration will also occur from 7:00-8:00AM on race day.
What is the refund policy?All entry fees are
What are the time limits for the 5K Run, 5K Walk, and 1 Mile Walk?
It is anticipated that race participants will finish running and walking activities within 1.5 hours from the starting time. With a 9:00AM start time, it is expected that 5K Run, 5K Walk, and 1 Mile Walk participants will wrap up around 10:30AM. Upon completion of the race, all participants are encouraged to head inside for the award ceremony and other activities taking place throughout the morning.
What are the categories for age-group awards?
Age-group awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for Male & Female divisions of the 5K Run in the following categories:
- 10 and under
- 11 – 14
- 15 – 19
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
Are pets permitted at the race venue?
No, according to the Norwin School District policy, animals are not permitted on campus grounds.
Are strollers permitted on the race course?
Yes, strollers are permitted on both the run and walk courses. Those operating strollers should exercise the utmost caution.
When will the results be posted?
A hard copy of the results will be posted both indoors and outdoors shortly after the race concludes. Online results will be posted on the 14th Annual Race For Grace web page of the Foundation web site a few hours after the event.
How can individuals donate to the race?
Individuals may contribute online at https://www.gofundme.com/f/14th-annual-race-for-grace or by mail to the following address:
Reflections Of Grace Foundation P.O. Box 298 Irwin, PA 15642
Reflections Of Grace Foundation is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
How can companies learn more about sponsorship opportunities and gift in-kind donations?
How can individuals fundraise for the race?
Want to help us achieve our fundraising goal of $165,000? You can begin to collect donations from all of your contacts online using this secure link – https://www.gofundme.com/f/14th-annual-race-for-grace . Our fundraising platform at GoFundMe makes it easy and safe to raise lots of money for this deserving cause. Share this link with family, friends, co-workers, teammates, neighbors, parishioners…the more, the merrier as we strive to support families with love, give children hope, and fight pediatric brain cancer with grace. Be sure to check if your employer has a matching donation program too.
How can individuals volunteer?
- Children’s Activities
- Food & Beverage
- Race Course Logistics
- Volunteer Coordination
All volunteers must either be 14 years old or accompanied by an adult. Church service groups, sports teams, student councils, National Honor Societies, youth groups, and Girl Scout / Boy Scout troops are just a few organizations that have volunteered in the past.
How will race bags be distributed?
Race bags will not be mailed. During the week of April 4, 2022, an opportunity to pick up race bags will be offered prior to the event. It is preferred that all participants attend this session. Date and location will be announced in late March.
Can race bags be picked up on race day?
To ensure a smooth process and less chaos on race day morning, it is highly encouraged to pick up race bags prior to April 9, 2022. However, for those who cannot make alternative arrangements, pre-registered participants may pick up their race bags from 7:00-8:00AM on race day.
How early should participants arrive at the race venue?
The earlier, the better! Secure a parking spot, eat breakfast, partake in pre-race entertainment and warm-up, purchase auction tickets, or visit the merchandise and awareness areas all before the race begins. Doors will be open to the public at 7:00AM.
Where is Norwin High School?
- Getting to Norwin High School: http://www.norwinsd.org/Page/1080
- Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Where should participants park on race day?
Participants are asked to arrive early for parking purposes. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis throughout the high school lots.
What is the schedule of events?
- Race day registration, pre-registration pick up, breakfast served at concession stand
- Pre-race entertainment and warm-up
- Runners & walkers gather outside for opening ceremony
- Welcome, National Anthem, Opening Prayer, Singing of Amazing Grace
- Race begins
- Children’s activities begin indoors
- Award ceremony
- Dance performances
- Charitable hair donation ceremony
- Basket raffle and Silent auction winners announced
- Festivities conclude
Be sure to visit our merchandise area, pediatric brain cancer awareness displays, basket raffle and silent auction, bake sale, and concession stand which will be open throughout the day.
What payment methods are acceptable on race day?
Cash, checks, and credit/debit cards are accepted for registration, Foundation merchandise, basket raffle and silent auction, concession stand, and general donations to the cause. Checks should be made payable to Reflections Of Grace Foundation.